Gotta start somewhere…

There’s a starting point for everything.

There is much work to be done here and I started with something easy to give myself the feel of accomplishment.

The wiring under the hood to the front signal indicators was damaged.  cut or broken in the past, I removed and soldered the wires back together.

Gotta start somewhere…
Soldering broken front signal wires. Click to enlarge – use browser back button to return.

 

Brake fluid soaking the painted lenses. Click to enlarge – use browser back button to return.

I’m not sure why, but the original signal lenses were painted over when the truck was last sprayed.  Perhaps they could not remove them as I had trouble with a couple of the fasteners that hold the housing to the hood.  Although the lenses could have masked they were not.  I gave each lens a good soaking in brake fluid for a few hours to loosen the paint and brushed or gently scraped it away.

Clean and shiny signal lenses. Click to enlarge – use browser back button to return.

 

Front marker lights reassembled and wired. Click to enlarge – use browser back button to return.

 

I also removed the tail light wiring to repair it next.  It’s original, so it’s cracked and broken in many places.  I can purchase a new complete harness for every component on the truck, but I will rebuild most of them as necessary.